Gunnison Valley is the Center of the Fly Fishing Universe
For those that are in the know it’s no secret that the Gunnison Valley is the center of the fly fishing universe, and the Taylor River is nucleus of that universe. Fisherman who have had the opportunity to fish the Taylor River at Wilder on the Taylor will all attest that it’s pristine waters, large hatches, and exclusive access make it the premier fly fishing destination in Colorado. Wilder on the Taylor quoted Gary Giudice, contributor to ESPN Outdoors, stating “The town of Gunnison may very well be the center of the trout-fishing universe.”. To expand on Gary’s comment Wilder on the Taylor recently issued a press release giving the top five reasons to fish the Gunnison Valley.
1. For those who are looking for a more exclusive fly fishing experience or want access to private fishing you are in luck. Wilder on the Taylor River recreational ranch still has river front parcels open and with access to over 3 miles of private streams and 2 miles of the famous Taylor River you can’t go wrong.
2. Plenty of fishing spots to choose from. If you are looking to mix it up when you fish Wilder on the Taylor River is just minutes away from several fishing hot spots including; Taylor Reservoir, East River, Gunnison River, and Colorado’s largest lake Blue Mesa Lake.
3. The Roaring Judy Hatchery. Colorado’s commitment to preserving their fisheries is second to none. This is clearly evident by the time and effort they spend keeping local fish populations healthy and stocked.
4. Variety of Activity. It’s literally possible to ski, bike, and fish all in one day. There aren’t many places you can do that!
5. Last but not least the plethora of fishing events and angling pro’s who live in or near the Taylor River. There are world class outfitters and guides that posses years of experience which are all at your service.
To read the press release click here